Sunday 8 March 2009

8th March 2009

Well, its been a while since I last posted.

In November 2008 Oliver suffered a huge nosebleed which resulted in him having 2 platelet transfusions and a full blood transfusion. We nearly lost him. Thanks to the support of our local hospital and Great Ormond Street hospital, he pulled through and the bleeding stopped. Ive never been so afraid in my life. But our little soldier just keeps going and smiling most of the time.

Any doubts I have about transplanting Oliver fade away when I think about that dark week in November and we need to give him the chance of a normal life.

We have now got a donor for Oliver and are waiting for a confirmed admittance date for his transplant. We have been given lots of information from Great Ormond Street hospital, some of which is very frightening but I suppose we need to know all scenarios.
Oliver is now 3 1/2 and running us ragged. He continues to bruise extremely easily and we continue to have our heart in our mouths but hopefully this will be abeited soon.

We have been given a provisional date of 13th April - watch this space!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Hey! I'm glad you have a blog! Keep us updated on your admission date!

Kblatter said...

Hi Debbie,
My name is Kami Blatter, I too have a WAS son and we are just completing our isolation after transplant, which happened in July 08.
We will keep your family in our hearts and prayers as you continue this journey! And feel free to check out my son's blog for some piece of mind. www.haydenblatter.org
God Bless you,
Kami